[thelist] printer recommendations

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Aug 20 09:45:58 CDT 2013

Addition by subtraction...

Whatever you do, don't buy an Epson Stylus NX 300.  Within months of purchase, at Epson's cost and my time I returned 2 for various print/jam errors. Print quality has been poor from the start. Now, several months later refuses to print anything legible. Went through head cleaning 20 times and it only got worse.  "Used to" love Epson.  Soon I'll be shopping for a Linux-friendly printer/scanner (that works).