[thelist] E-book authoring

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Thu Aug 29 13:18:27 CDT 2013

I agree about Calibre - I use it as a conversion tool, but it's a bit flaky
on epub ->pdf conversions.

I use Kindle's previewer - it allows you to see it in various Kindle device
views and converts  epub to mobi on the fly .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000234621

But again, Sigil is good - has a built in editor  or edits xhtml mode, but
you have to code  your own css.

Regards

Simon