[thelist] sever side automatic (RTF, or XML form MsWord DOC or DOCX, or PS) to (PDF or EPS)

Alberto Domingo alberto.domingo at uah.es
Thu Sep 19 17:39:39 CDT 2013

Thanks Mohan,

I have seen livedocx. Apparently it does exactly what I need. I am
currently trying to install the connecting code in my server. It
seems to be relatively simple.

The hosted service is free. I don't know if it is fast enough for my
needs. The commercial version is quite expensive.

In principle, I prefer a solution without dependencies from external
services, but it will be ok if it works.

Some results:

cloudconvert.org  -  Shifts the text from the original position in
doc file. Form docx is even worst. Same bad result from rtf.

freepdfconvert.com  -  Good results form doc. 30 min delay before
next conversion in free version. Apparently not scriptable from server

aspose.com apis  -  couldn't try with my docs

convertonlinefree.com  - Very good results form doc, docx and rtf.
Not scriptable from server, apparently.

go4convert.com  -  Same as previous.

Thanks again!

Alberto