[thelist] Single and double quotes - forms and mysql

Renoir B. renoirb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:16:13 CDT 2013

Sorry for double posting, I replied directly to Bob.

I would recommend the use of PDO instead of direct mysql[i] access.

Not only because it is an old way of working, but because a much better way
of solving the problem. PDO is the way to go and has been implemented for a
while now.

Part of what makes it nice, is the capacity to regroup many inserts, update
together. Statements via PDO also enforce string sanitization directly.

Have a look at the examples [1] here.

Hope I got caught your curiosity.

  [1]:  http://php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger
W3C | Developer Operations Engineer WebPlatform Docs

http://w3.org/People/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~