[Javascript] Passing data

Steve White steve at VirtualMechanics.com
Wed Apr 4 00:27:09 CDT 2001

< The problem to know what is you're aim here What do you wan't to do
exactly?
<

Its graphics and animation data to be used with JavaScript functions that
drive DHTM and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). It is probably a lot like
Flash and we will output to that as well but I assume Flash uses its own
encoding/decoding format. There is really no limit to how much data you
could have so compacting it as much as possible is important. At this point
we don't want to get into streaming but I suppose there is no reason why the
data could not be sent in packets. At the moment just putting it into a file
(could even be in the HTML or SVG file if that makes sense) and then using a
standard JavaScript operation to read it. Decoding or parsing should not be
a problem for us if we can find and read it.

Thanks

Steve White
www.VirtualMechanics.com
www.DHTMLMagic.com