[Javascript] Passing data

TomMallard mallard at serv.net
Thu Apr 5 16:01:24 CDT 2001

This is a backend question...you'll need to read the file and build the
array there as a web service or save a file with it for static data. A
webservice can be wrapped around the array builder function to make the data
available to the client page as a stream. It's worth it for so much data for
web applications to reduce the over-the-wire size, so keep working on this.

Most services are coded as dll's or cgi's and have url's like
http://www.domain.com/some.dll?methodName. Then on your client you set a
javascript variable equal to this address to populate it. Also consider an
xml file be created on the server and then an xmldom.open can create it on
the client to use it in a similar way...

tom