[Javascript] Date Script doesn't jive

Sara Coren SCoren at BREG.NET
Wed Apr 18 11:05:45 CDT 2001

Thanks for your response, but I don't think any of the options you listed
will work, because I don't want to interrupt one timer by another, since I
want the date to constantly be on the page, although it doesn't include
minutes.  I also want the screen show to commence after a specific period of
time (I think it's set up right now to go on after 20000, or 20 seconds.)

If you could please look at the page, and the underlying code, that would
really help you see what I'm talking about, and what I want to accomplish.

I don't think it's a variable name that is the same as in another script
because I've used <SCRIPT>, </SCRIPT> tags before and after each script I am
implementing.

The page is at http://home.earthlink.net/~score77/home.html
<http://home.earthlink.net/~score77/home.html>

Many thanks,
Sara

-----Original Message-----
From: BEKIM BACAJ [mailto:Trojani2000 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 11:57 AM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: Re: [Javascript] Date Script doesn't jive

Yes, timers interfere in between. They use alot of memory, and if they never
stop, another timer that is invoket in meantime will not run smoothely.
There is a way to escape from this situation and it is: using the same timer
for different timings.
But that is not allways possible. and another is to interrupt the other
timer tha is on, turn it off with the same function you invoke the newer
one. and back on when the second timer running is insuficient. Or there is
another possibility.
Maby you're problem is caused with the same name variable and similar. You
can avoid it if you use diferent scripts placing them in different <script>
tags. That way they wan't enterfere.
Regards