[Javascript] Netscape object model : forms in div/layer

Rodney Myers rmyers at i-way.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 09:21:03 CDT 2001

A client using one of my form processing scripts starts his document
body with

In consequence, in Netscape, this test
- intended to ensure that the <FORM> </FORM> tags
  were not forgotten when building the page - fails:

function isForm(){
// Any form on this page?
if(window.document.forms.length==0)
	{
	alert('Whoops! : NO FORM! : CHECK PAGE for <form>..</form> tags');

The good news is that the main part of the scripts operated OK since
they pass their objects to my functions.

I am not surprised, but I am frustrated that I cannot yet find the
information on how Netscape wants the forms addressed in its object
model.

Can anyone point me at a good reference for this?

TIA

Rodney

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Courses in April
Mon 23  : Making a Start in E-Commerce with Shop at ssistant
Tue 24  : Meeting Business Needs with the Shop at ssistant Classic system
Wed 25 : Building Better Shopping Pages with Shop at ssistant Classic

Booking for these Shop at ssistant Classic courses at
http://www.shopassistant.net/training/
Or call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions