[Javascript] How do I convert "FF" to 255?

Rui Fortes RuiFortes at clix.pt
Fri Apr 20 11:23:01 CDT 2001

Hello.

How can I get an highlighted version of a color.
That is, how can I find the code of a color wich is a lighter version of another color.
I tryed to do this myself but I need, for instance, to know how to get a number from a string representing an hexadecimal number.
I could then add some value to RGB components and use RGB(newred, newgreen, newblue) to get that color.
I found Hex function that returns a string representing the hexadecimal convertion of a number.
Is there an inverse function to turn a string into a number?
Something like afunc("FF") that returns 255.

Thanks