[Javascript] Layers in NS4.7... do they *have* to use absolute positioning?

Ben ben at babelfish.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 04:44:13 CDT 2001

hi all.

erm, layers in NS4.7, am I right in thinking that they *have* to use
absolute positioning in order to control their visibility style?

i'm trying document.layers.divFaqPrompt.visibility = 'hidden'; but it *only*
works if the positioning of the div is set to absolute.  THis is not much
good to me as I need the div positioned relative to the text in my page...
the div will go at the bottom and disappear when a link is clicked.

any ideas?

Cheers,

 .ben