[Javascript] Layers in NS4.7... do they *have* to use absolute positioning?

Ben ben at babelfish.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 06:31:34 CDT 2001

> >erm, layers in NS4.7, am I right in thinking that they *have* to use
> >absolute positioning in order to control their visibility style?
>
> Nope, position: relative is also allowed and this is exactly what you
need.
> There must be a position declaration and the only values that NN4
recognizes
> are absolute and relative.
>
> ppk

Thanks Pete.  I did some more experimenting and managed to get it working.
My divs are now hiding/showing properly but it seems as though even if I
hide one the links are still there underneath... moving the mouse over where
they used to be changed the cursor to the hand and I can click them, even
though they are not visible.

suggestions?

 .b