[Javascript] Select all when a chekcbox is checked

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Sat Apr 28 15:00:01 CDT 2001

Reuben,

	You would need an onClick() event handler in the checkbox that calls a
JavaScript function, like this:

<INPUT TYPE = "CHECKBOX" NAME="all"  onClick="selectAll()">

	Then in the function you would iterate through the values in the SELECT
element and change the selected property to true, like this:

function selectAll() {

	var i = 0;

	while(i<document.formName.selectName.options.length) {
		document.formName.selectName.options[i].selected = true;
		i+=1;

	I haven't tested this; it may be that you need to stop at length-1, but you
can tweak it as necessary.

Cheers,

Peter