[Javascript] Includes and relative paths?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Jul 3 09:31:57 CDT 2001

databarn wrote:

> Anybody know where I can find some documentation on the way JavaScript/JScript treats path information?

? Javascript has no file i/o capabilities, so, like HTML, all paths
are either absolute to the web server root ( starting with a / ) or
relative to the page in which the code appears ...

Documentation, though, is another matter; I don't recall seeing this
specific area mentioned in Netscape's docs. Perhaps the URL RFC will
do (RFC1738)?

HTH!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ---(+1) 408-938-0567 --- http://www.webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --