[Javascript] Resolution - Includes and relative paths?

databarn databarn at airmail.net
Tue Jul 3 12:18:18 CDT 2001

Peter,
This doesn't really sound like a Javascript question.  You might be better off asking this sort of thing on one of the many ASP lists
An ASP list pointed me to a client-side list <grin!>.

Ben,The include is confusing you. Let it go... :)
It was the testing that was confusing me <befuddlement>.

Hassan,
If you want to use the same menu code in every page, regardless of its location in your directory structure, you should make the paths absolute: /code/js/default.asp
Yes, but this was not working <sigh>.

All,

This was done to help a friend, and on her box.  Hassan's last statement got me to thinking in a different direction.
After I did some checking, it turns out that several of the web directories on her machine had been aliased <grrr!>.  That was why my testing was going screwy.  But, since I'm not that conversant yet with JavaScript, I wasn't entirely comfortable with my concept of how it handled paths.  Glad to know my thinking wasn't totally scrambled, just my results.

'Preciate the help, all of you.

Make a good day . . .
			 . . . barn