[Javascript] infinite frame splitting

Gabriel Erzse erzse.gabriel at ssi-schaefer.ro
Thu Jul 12 06:21:24 CDT 2001

Hi !

I want to create a window with the following structure:
* first a single frame appears in the window with buttons for splitting it
* if the user pushes a button the big frame is splitted into two equal frames, either orizontaly, either verticaly
* this thing is done recursively, until user stops (the user can split any frame he wants from those appearing on the screen).

Ok. I wrote the code for this and works perfectly in Netscape 6.0, but in Internet Explorer it doesn't work at all. I created also the following file:

<HTML>
 <FRAMESET ROWS="*,*">
  <FRAME SRC="recursiv.html">
  <FRAME SRC="recursiv.html">
 </FRAMESET>
</HTML>

This one too works perfecly in Netscape 6.0, but doesn't work in IE5.5 (only two frames are shown in IE5.5, while in Netscape6.0 an infinite number of frames are opened.

Does anyone have any idea why is it this way ?
I have to make my application work on IE, but I have no ideea how.

Waiting for your help,
Gabriel Erzse.