[Javascript] Code to create virtual domains.

Josiah Gordon jgordon at directfile.com
Thu Jul 19 12:30:25 CDT 2001

No. What web server are you using?

In IIS and Apache you can serve thousands of domains with one IP. In IIS go
to your Internet Services manager and right click on your website and choose
properties. Click on the Website tab, and click on "Advanced" next to the
"IP Address" input field. Put your URLs in the "Multiple Identities for this
Website" box. Note that they *must* include the header: "site1.domain.com",
"site2.domain.com", "www.whole-new-domain.com".

Javascript cannot be used as a real redirect because for the page to get
pushed back to the browser your server has already chosen which website and
index.html file to serve...

--Josiah Gordon