[Javascript] problem of only one radio button

Abraham Liu liuabe99 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:38:37 CDT 2001

Hi,
In my jsp program, I select a number of rows from database table, then
display them in form table. Each row attachs a radio button, So users can
select one of rows and do further process.
The reason I use radio button is that I concatenate 3 table columns and
store them in "value" property of button. When user click button, I use
javascript "split" function to get these 3 columns back. Everything seemed
working just fine. But I realized that if only one row got selected which
meaned only one button exists also, then the fuction of radio button didn't
worked and "split" won't work either. I switched to checkbox, I got the same
result.

Is it true that radio button and checkbox will function correctly only at
least two of them exist in form ?
In my case, the number of radio button are genarated dynamically depending
on the number rows being selected. So what can I do ? Do I have some other
alternative ways ?
I will be appreciated some kindly help.
Thank you.
Abe Liu