[Javascript] telnet:// question

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 20 11:05:25 CDT 2001

Adagilson BB Silva wrote:

> what can use to pass automatically throught a telnet link (in my case
> telnet://150.161.1.3),  user ID and password?

Expect /* props to Don Libes */

 From http://expect.nist.gov/ :

  Introduction

  Expect is a tool for automating interactive applications such as
  telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin, tip, etc. Expect really makes
  this stuff trivial. Expect is also useful for testing these same
  applications. And by adding Tk, you can also wrap interactive
  applications in X11 GUIs.

And apparently available now also for Windows (which I haven't had
a chance to try).

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
Webtuitive Design ---(+1) 408-938-0567 --- http://www.webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --