[Javascript] Email attachments called psihologija

Clark, Michael Michael.Clark at OFM.WA.GOV
Mon Jul 30 20:11:26 CDT 2001

How interesting.  Neither Symantec nor McAfee seem to know anything about
this "psihologija" virus.  If it were "THE MOST DANGEROUS UNTIL NOW" I think
either of these firms would have a listing.  If they know nothing, who is
there to make the determination that this is the very most dangerous virus
ever?  A quick check of the occurrences of this word on the web yields the
factum that "psihologija" is apparently the Serbian word for "psychology,"
but nowhere is the mention of this word made in connection with a computer
virus (at least in English --- I don't read Serbian very well!).  The
fractured English of the message also suggests a slavic-speaker as
originator, but since Robin Warnes is clearly not a slavic name, it is
obvious that New Zealand has been taken over by Serbia!  :-)  Sorry ---
couldn't resist...

Anyway, this appears to be a manifestation of a hoax virus message.
Obviously trying to use psychology to get us to propagate it on the web.
Ahem.  Of course anti-virus software doesn't detect it, since it isn't a
software virus.  It's a wetware virus.  So, take two aspirins and DON'T call
me in the morning.

What fun...