[Javascript] Please confirm my doubts

.ben ben at babelfish.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 07:13:36 CDT 2001

Generally speaking, no, you can't... there would be massive security issues
involved.  However, I have heard that you can access local files using a
"signed script" but i'm not very well read on this topic so can't say for
sure.  It might be worth investigating what signed scripts allow you to do.

good luck.

 .b