[Javascript] OPEN WINDOW TO EXACT SIZE

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Thu Jun 7 03:15:10 CDT 2001

There seem to me to be two and a half ways for the dimensions of the image to
become available:

1) From image properties which were set in an HTML IMG tag or a new Image()
construction.
2) By reading the actual source of the image file
2.5) Telepathy

AFAIK (2) is not possible with javascript - though it certainly is possible with
other languages - but they do not run client side. There is a smashing little
freeware exe called autogif that will create an html file cataloguing an entire
directory of gifs and jpegs with links to the images and display of their pixel
sizes

If the window is opened with default dimensions, then for it to be
made/re-opened to  exact size the image dimensions must become known by one of
the above methods. Making the URL for window.open() the image file itself
precludes the possibility of having any script avalaible to do that by method 2
- even supposing it were possible. (so I guess this is all a long way of saying
'NO')

Rodney