[Javascript] window properties

Clark, Michael Michael.Clark at OFM.WA.GOV
Wed Jun 13 12:29:09 CDT 2001

And, interestingly enough, you can embed spaces between the parameters for
IE, and it will work, but not NN.  And you can use "=yes" and "=no" instead
of "=1" and "=0".

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney Myers [mailto:rodney at aflyingstart.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 3:55 AM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: Re: [Javascript] window properties

AFAIK you cannot change such properties of the current window.
You can only set attributes when opening a new window

BTW when so doing using window.open() there are no spaces in the list of
attributes:

top=0,left=0,screenX=0,screenY=0,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,resizabl
e=1,status=1,menubar=0,scrollbars=1

hth

Rodney

Andrew Dunn wrote:

> Hi
>    how do you make the menubar and toolbar go away for a window? I've
tried
> using window.menubar = false and window.toolbar = false but it doesn't
work.
> anyone know?
>
> Tnaderw

Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions