[Javascript] More Questions: Navigation Control - No back button?

Z. Franco zeno at citrus.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 21 12:25:10 CDT 2001

Ok,

Here is another question:  the script below (starting with window.open) asks
to open a new window based on these params...what I'd like to do is have
that command on the page that I am working from, rather than poping up a new
window.

Here's what it looks like now:

|lead-up pages|  -->	|DB page|		-->		|Log-out Page|

Gives direction		gathers all info			Says, Thanks a bunch
and gathers info		from lead up pages		Would you like to
				and has a form for 		Go back Home?
				more data.  Collects		(currently the user can hit back and re-enter
data, and mess up my db)
				Everything and dumps
				to DB ...all this in
				ASP using VBS (sorry!)

To use the script below, I'd have to include it on the DB Page so that when
the submit button is hit, it dumps to the db AND asks to open the new window
without the full nav controls.  For simplicity's sake, I'd rather simply
send the user to the log out page, and have the logout page have the
direction to itself to limit the navigation controls.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Zeno

>window.open('inicio.htm','inicio','fullscreen=no','menubar=yes','scrollbars
=
>yes','toolbar=no','location=yes');
>
>ANNNNNNNNNNNND
>
><script language="javascript">
>function noRightClick() {
>if (event.button==2) {
>alert('You can NOT Right-Click on this page -- but you CAN Left-Click.')
>}
>}
>document.onmousedown=noRightClick
></script>

This function works only in Explorer on Windows. For a more complete
function, see http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?improt.html .

ppk