[Javascript] Draggable Layers

Steve Blades cutterbl at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 07:36:04 CDT 2001

This looks great. Another idea...The ability to delete a single item at a
time, as opposed to clearing the entire basket. Just a thought...

Cutter

From: "Andrew Gibson" <andyg at ihug.co.nz>
To: <javascript at LaTech.edu>
Subject: RE: [Javascript] Draggable Layers
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:33:00 +1200

Thanks Ben. Dont worry you're not raining!

Actually, I've only just figured out how to do the dragging,
it was tear your hair out time seriously! But now of course
I gotta figure out the best look from a users perspective.

Andrew

  > Actually -- and sorry if I sound like I'm raining on parades
  > here -- but I
  > sincerely think this sort of thing is very impressive but not too
  > functional. I haven't seen many sites that line up a lot of items side
by
  > side, identified by image/name/price. Most sites follow the Amazon-type
  > architecture of lists and then one item per page.
  >
  > So, my advice for future development would be to include some sort of
  > persistence. Assume one item per page; allow me to add the item
  > to my cart
  > with dragging or one click -- but don't take me anywhere, just
  > pop a layer
  > up with all the functionality of the shopping cart page on Amazon/etc.
If