[Javascript] dhtml <div> layers (relative positioning in NS4?)

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:43:07 CDT 2001

>the problem in NS4, is that the <div> tag is written,
>but the positioning is messed up -- it's off the
>window on the left, clipping the content in <div> tag,
>and the  3rd row in the table is not moved down to
>accommodate the new content in the 2nd row (<div>
>tag).
>
>Any suggestions on how to get this functionality
>working in NS4??

The table will never be expanded to fit the content, Netscape 4 simply
cannot do this. To avoid problems here, set the width of the DIV to
something close to OK.

As to the repositioning, maybe setting the top and left to 0px again will
help (this is a wild guess, but I sometimes have an intuitive understanding
of NN4 and its moods <g>).

ppk