[Javascript] Mail attachment

Mikael Lindström mikael.lindstrom at nipsoft.se
Thu Jun 28 03:33:37 CDT 2001

Hello,

Given the following rows of (javascript)code:

  function mailFile(strFileName) {
    //Mail file, defined by strFileName
    //Set href in <A> - tag
    document.all.item('lnkMailFile').href='mailto:?subject=' +strFileName
+'&body=Your file, ' +strFileName +' !!';
    //Simulate click
    document.all.item('lnkMailFile').click();
    return;
  }

you all can see what I want to do, set mail options and then simulate the
click so user can fill in emailreceipent. Also I would like to attach a file
automatically to this message so user won't have to. Is that possible at all
?
There seem to be nothing written about it when I've searched for "mailto
protocol" on the web (or I can't do a proper search).

If this subject is already discussed, please lead me to the appropriate
headline.

Regards

Mikael