[Javascript] NN6 DOM

Rodney Myers rmyers at i-way.co.uk
Wed May 2 09:03:03 CDT 2001

P-P,

At your excellent site my NN4.7 browser drew this message "If this is
your default browser, it might be time to upgrade it to a more standards
compliant one."

I hold no particular brief for NN or NN4.7  I also use IE5.5
My point is really, what is the alternative to NN4.7? NN6?? Personally I
regard use of NN6 as foolhardy and to be discouraged.

I notice that at http://home.netscape.com/download/ NN4.77 is offered as
an alternative to NN6.01 which does not exactly inspire one with
confidence.

As for Opera I found that :
 - it treated frameset definitions differently from IE5 or NN4.7
especially in respect of defining invisible frames.

 - it failed to run (without reporting an error) sections of code that
worked well in the other browsers - and are IMHO conservatively written,
without making use of advanced features.

Rodney

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions