[Javascript] Conversions of variant type...better explanation...

TomMallard mallard at serv.net
Thu May 3 08:27:57 CDT 2001

Use the filesystemobject to read the files, if the data is binary, we all
guessing it's a Word doc and then you won't be able to read it this way at
all, you'll need to create an instance of word on the server and then you
can read them. VBA is best for this. Other proprietary files can't be read
as binary either without the object to decode them...

Why not use Index Server?

Also, you should ask this on an Active Server Pages list, it's a better
forum for this topic.

tom