[Javascript] Submitting form in a parent window

Mark Christie MChristie at avsgroup.com
Wed May 9 15:47:45 CDT 2001

Hello, list.

Here's my code:

Sub SubmitParent()
	Response.Write "<Script Language=""JavaScript"">" & VbCrLf
	Response.Write "var frm =
window.parent.opener.document.forms.frmManage;" & VbCrLf
	Response.Write "frm.CommentFlag.value=1;" & VbCrLf
	Response.Write "frm.submit(frm.name);" & VbCrLf
	Response.Write "</Script>" & VbCrLf
End Sub

The error I get is:

Line: 3
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

I've tried every permutation I can think of...I can get at the values of the
form, CommentFlag, frm.name, everything comes back...but can't submit the
thing...!

Any ideas out there?

Regards,
   -Mark C.