[Javascript] disabling <target=_top> in frame pages

Chris Basken chriz at basken.com
Thu May 17 09:11:30 CDT 2001

sure.  location.replace just replaces the current history location with the
new URL, but it doesn't block any back movement.  if i have page A with a
frame that's stealing your page B, and you have the "break out" code that
uses location.replace to replace my frameset page A with your page B, the
user can't then click the back button to get to your frame page A.  the user
will go back to whatever was before A.

no solution is perfect.