[Javascript] Tracking Visit-Time

Tom Churm thomas.churm at pixelpark.com
Sat May 19 09:11:16 CDT 2001

hi,

i found the following example in Stefan Muenz's "SelfHTML".  it's a
JavaScript that delivers the amount of time that a user has stayed on a
webpage.  could someone please provide me with some hints in converting
and/or modifying this script for PHP & MySQL?  specifically, I'd like to
find out the length of time a user stays on a webpage and then save this in
a MySQL db.
or if someone has seen an example of a php script that does this or
something similar, i'd be very interested in seeing a link.

thanks for the help!,

tom

/*  JavaScript example follows:  */

<script language="JavaScript">
Start = new Date();
Startzeit = Start.getTime();

function Aufenthalt()
{
  Ende = new Date();
  Endzeit = Ende.getTime();
  Aufenthalt = Math.floor((Endzeit - Startzeit) / 1000);
  alert("Sie waren " + Aufenthalt + " Sekunden auf dieser Seite");
}
</script>

</head>