[Javascript] Good Javascript book

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Mon May 21 03:45:24 CDT 2001

Andrew Dunn wrote:

>    I would like to purchase a really good Javascipt book. At the moment the
> only book I have on Javascript is SAMS Javascript Unleashed.

> This book is good, but I feel it is out of date as it lists things like Browsers
> detection techniques as an essential programming technique.

That relates to _THE_ ESSENTIAL DIFFERENCE between javascripting for the
web and writing compiled code. Javascript relies on browsers to run,
while compiled code either will or will not run on a platform carrying
with all essential libraries.

> What I'm after
> is a "definitive resource". I suppose their isn't really one out their but
> If anyone could suggest any good books pleas

Rodney

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions