[Javascript] Forcing Frames

Weber, Michael MWeber at leasedirect.com
Wed May 23 09:57:13 CDT 2001

Hello all,

I am trying to do a simple Force Frames in a two frame environment.  In
otherwords when someone calls my page, I want to make sure that the page
appears in the frame set with the top navbar loaded.

I have been looking at Yehuda Shiran stuff at:

http://www.webreference.com/js/tips/000405.html
<http://www.webreference.com/js/tips/000405.html>
and
http://www.webref.com/js/tips/991204.html
<http://www.webref.com/js/tips/991204.html>

But there must be something easier than that!  He is using a multiple frame
environment.

So far my code looks like this.

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
if (self == top) {

              location.replace("../../default.htm");
       location.replace.frame[1]("html/3_Industries/co_3off.htm")
}
// -->
</script>

Of course it is the frame[1] line that doesn't work.

I get the error "Object doesn't support this method"

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Mike

Michael Weber