[Javascript] Cookies smell good!

Steve Hearne steve.hearne at mvc-ent.co.uk
Thu May 24 12:01:19 CDT 2001

Yeah!

That works fine - i put in;

var cookiestring=document.cookie

and i'm on my way to grabbing the portion i want.  Now, I'd like to be able to save this info. so that i can use it later on.  I suppose that i can't save it as a cookie because this document already has a cookie - the one i grabbed the info. from.  So - can i save it, or refer to it from future pages?  Unfortunately, i can't do any ASP stuff yet because this page MUST be HTML - the Portal software dictates this.

Any ideas please?
Thanks again for all the help so far btw.
Steve

>>> peter at brunone.com 05/24/01 04:56PM >>>
Oops.

This script returns the asterisk character (change it to something else and
see).

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

// the string to parse
var cookiestring = "|usrsvr*booga|";

// find the beginning of "usrsvr" and then go to the end
var position = cookiestring.indexOf("usrsvr") + "usrsvr".length;

 // use the substr function, feeding it the start position and the desired
length of the result
alert(cookiestring.substr(position,1));

</SCRIPT>