[Javascript] Naming cookies

Steve Hearne steve.hearne at mvc-ent.co.uk
Fri May 25 04:41:41 CDT 2001

Can you tell me if it is possible to save cookies (using JavaScript) under a particular name, or do they have to use the site/page name they are called from?  Hmmm... by this i mean the text file which contains the cookies for a particualr site (do i have that right?)

I have spent the last hour trying to locate this info. and found out a lot of stuff and some excellent recipies but not this info.

Cookies on my machine always seem to be saved in the following format;

username at site[n]

How do they get the username? (mine is my Novel login).  If i could grab this directly, i would be a happy man. Well, happier.  What about the number in brackets - what is that that all about?

Thanks.
Steve