[Javascript] Emailing page to user

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Sat May 26 09:20:19 CDT 2001

	If you're doing this in ASP, I'd just go the ASP route for mailing as well.
There are a number of components -- many of them free -- that will do the
job for you if you don't want to use CDONTS (the built-in mailer).  Take a
look at www.aspdll.com for your choices here.

	Client-side Javascript doesn't have access to any sort of mail API; the
best you'll be able to do is prompt the user's default mail client to send a
message, and even then you can't include the file (especially if it's on the
server).  Why wouldn't the user just get the file, rather than having to
mail it to himself?