[Javascript] Help with ECMA Scripting

Stephanie Hudson shudson at tibco.com
Wed Nov 14 15:28:42 CST 2001

Hello everyone,
I'm new to ECMA script and am looking for some help.  I'm working with the
StringTokenizer method to parse a string that originated as a comma
delimited file.  It's entire content is held in the variable
Inbound_Sequence and the content of this variable is what I'm parsing, based
upon the commas and the carriage return/line feeds at the end of each row.

My question is this:

How can I then load into variables the string I've separated on, before
moving to the next "segment" or token in the string?  I know it must be
simple but I don't have an ECMA script reference manual  or guide.  This
part does what I want and separates based on the commas of the
Inbound_Sequence variable's content.  How do I load into a variable after
each one and must I explicitly define a variable for each element?

Here's my script so far:

StrTok = new java.util.StringTokenizer(job.Inbound_Sequence.content, ",
\t\n\r\f");
while (StrTok.hasMoreElements)
{
writeln("Current element is " + StrTok.nextToken);

}

Thanks and regards,
S. Hudson