[Javascript] How do I insert the actual (not user's computer) date with javascript (no ASP)?

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Wed Nov 21 11:37:44 CST 2001

Bobby,

client side javascripts such as those Alan's link references are going
to display time from the local system and not the server.

An ASP/Perl/PHP server script could insert the server time/date but not
update second by second since once the html has departed the server it
is beyond the scope of such scripts, though the whole file can be
refreshed from time to time.

hth

Rodney

robertuva at yahoo.com wrote:

> I am looking to insert the actual date on a page that would update
> based on the server date or atomic clock date or something with a
> quick javascript or something. I don't have ASP so I can't use the
> date() object or whatever.
> Please help!
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby

Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions