[Javascript] problems with NN6-accessing the dynamic field names in Javascript with NN

P Sreenivasa Rao psrao at cmcltd.com
Tue Nov 27 12:34:27 CST 2001

Hi all,

Briefly , my problem is how can I access
the dynamic field names in Javascript with NN

we are making our application compatible with NN6.

In IE, we are using the following script for getting the fields .and as the
number of records are high, I'm displaying the field names dynamically.
For example, if the number of requests are 5,I've to display 5 records(5
rows).
Then I'll select one row and submit the row values using the following
function.It's working finely in IE.

<HEAD><TITLE>Pending Requests</TITLE>

<SCRIPT>
function submitfields(count) {
 temp1=document.all.item("customerids"+count).value;
 fName=document.all.item("fName"+count).value;
 mName=document.all.item("mName"+count).value;
 lName=document.all.item("lName"+count).value;
 email=document.all.item("email"+count).value;
 var organization=document.all.item("organization"+count).value;
 var organizationalunit=document.all.item("organizationalunit"+count).value;
 var locality=document.all.item("locality"+count).value;
 var city=document.all.item("city"+count).value;
 var state=document.all.item("state"+count).value;
 var country=document.all.item("country"+count).value;
 var phone=document.all.item("phone"+count).value;
}

</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>

In NN, I need the same functionality as depicted by the above function.

In NN, I can access the fields using document.fieldname.value
But the field name is dynamic here.so how can I access.

Can anybody help me.

TIA,
Sreenivas P,
CMC Ltd,