[Javascript] Link to run a local application

Reuben D Budiardja reubendb at goshen.edu
Sat Oct 20 08:08:31 CDT 2001

Hi,
I am building a web application for my local intranet network.
I am wondering if there is anyway we can make a link in a website to run a
local application in local machine (win 98) using javascript.

Something like
<A HREF="local_application.exe"> Run this app </A>

?

This is just for intern administration, so I am not worry about security and
all. Most the application is web based app, but there is this one app that
cannot be web-based, and need to be run locally. However, I think it will be
most intutitive and consistent if the user can navigate all that through the
same site.

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Reuben D. Budiardja