[Javascript] Credit cards

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Fri Sep 7 15:07:54 CDT 2001

Not ideal.

The form in which the card data is taken should itself be hosted on a
secure server.
This means that when the form data is transmitted to the card clearance
service the data will be encrypted. That is what you plan to do if I read
you aright.

Better yet use a PSP Payment Service provider who will allow you to send
less sensitive data such as name address, transaction details to a script
on their server which will then take the card stuff. You are then not
responsible for the security of that data. Also you then do not need a
secure server for your own scripts though you could use one of course.

You will be storing customer data. If you take card data on your site and
there is a security breach relating to a card then you will be held
responsible. If you never take the data then you cannot be.

ClickPay for example can do this (though NOT using their main script) Talk
to them.
http://www.clickpay.net/

You submit to : https://www.clickpay.net/cgi-bin/payment.cgi

(BTW I have written interfaces for my (javascript) shopping software to
about 15 PSPs on this basis so I have a little background here)

Rodney

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions