[Javascript] select box

Jagannayakam jagann at wisorindia.soft.net
Thu Mar 14 23:42:44 CST 2002

Hi ,

In a JSP page  I dynamically generate required no : of select box that are
placed in a table one after the another . For display issue I have made the
width of the Select box fixed to exactly fit the width of the table cell
like this –

<select name=”mySelect” style=”width:100%”>
</select>

Now the problem I face is like this – Whenever the length contents to be
displayed in this select box the information is lost ie contents that fall
within the width of the select only are visible .

Is there any way to keep the Selectbox width less than the contents length
and possible to view the whole length of the contents when the drop down is
expanded .

Regards,
Jagan