[Javascript] How can search engines see a js include for navi gation?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Mar 22 11:13:10 CST 2002

Esther_Strom at hmco.com wrote:

> I think you've misunderstood what Bob was suggesting. Take the same
> navigation you have in the .js, and write it once - inside <noscript> tags
> - in the .js file. You do NOT have to duplicate this on every page. So if
> you make a change to the navigation, you change it in the javascript, and
> in the <noscript> - but both are in the .js file, so it's still only
> changing in one place.

If the term "include" is being used as in

  <script type="text/javascript" src="mystuff.js"></script>

rather than a server-scripting-based include --

Why would a user agent that doesn't understand JavaScript follow a
script source link to a file that has <noscript> tags in it? :-)

If we're talking about an SSI, of course, that's different ...
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --