[Javascript] Change the Cursor/Mouse Location

Esther_Strom at hmco.com Esther_Strom at hmco.com
Wed Mar 27 13:00:37 CST 2002

It's kind of a hack, but create a form with a text input field (positioned
off the screen via css), then set the focus to that in your onLoad event
(or whatever is causing the new div to load).

                      SMartin at neoposto
                      nline.com                To:      javascript at LaTech.edu
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      javascript-admin         Subject: [Javascript] Change the Cursor/Mouse Location
                      @LaTech.edu

                      03/27/02 12:14
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to javascript

I have a kiosk application (fixed screen 800x600, no scrolling), that
displays a div with a fixed position when an image map is selected.  In the
new div, there are a series of images that use onmouseover and onmouseout
to chagne the image display.  The problem I have is that the prior div
(with the image map) leaves the cursor sitting over one of the mousovers
when the new div loads.  I need to programattically move the cursor to a
location where it is not hovering over an image when the new div loads.

I know how I can track where the mouse is with the MOUSEMOVE event.  Is
there any way for me to change where the is through JavaScript?

-Stephen