[Javascript] drill down menu

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 11 13:25:06 CST 2002

Heres one I worked on a while back, but didn't have a need for..
http://www.dscript.net.nz/webmail/managefld/mgefld.asp

I couldn't really figure out how to do it, but ended up with a bunch of
arrays holding references to children

where, 1 is the array element holding the next child, 0 might be the level.
Have  look at the source code.
I had the arrays server side, and they wrote to the client arrays.

fds[0]="Home,1,0"
fds[1]="Contacts,2,1|New,0,1|Source,0,1|Search,7,1|Options,0,1"

Andrew Gibson

Subject: [Javascript] drill down menu

hi all,

does anyone know how to create a drill down menu in javascript? something
like the way windows explorer works on the left hand side - although I will
have just a series of text links. I have a finite list of categories and sub
categories in a left hand menu.

eg.

category 1
category 2