[Javascript] Re: Automatic Unique Form Numbering

Cutter (javascript list) javascript at theblades-family.com
Tue Nov 26 07:46:58 CST 2002

I would think that, in this case (using js), you're SOL. To do an
incremental number like you're asking for would require a server-side
variable so that the server keeps track of the "unique" number and
increments it. If you're processing your form through a SQL server then
using an autoincrement id field would handle this for you...

Cutter