[Javascript] iframes and target=parent

Pietro Carubbi pcarubbi at libero.it
Sun Oct 13 10:46:27 CDT 2002

Hallo,

I would like to let users open several different pages from several links
contained on one page, and these links open their pages in a space of the
same first page.

I have seen this feature for instance at
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/dropdownview2.htm, where it is
implemented through IFRAMEs.

The problem is that when the user has found a new link in the page contained
in the iframe, and wants to jump to the related new page, this new page
still opens within the iframe, when I would like that the page accessed from
the iframe will open in the _parent window.

Yet, I cannot add any specification of target=parent in the external pages
opened within the iframe.

How can I let users view in full size the page accessed from the iframe?

Pietro