[Javascript] Help : writting to message box in iframe

Harry Love hlove at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 30 14:02:39 CDT 2002

<snip>
style="background-color:white;position:relative;top:-2px;">
                <iframe id="styled_text_message"
name="styled_text_message" style="height:250px;font-family:Arial,
Helvetica"></iframe>

On  selecting an appropriate parameter, I need to append the value in
the above form field with the 'code'  using Javascript.  However I am
having trouble referring it. The code that I am currently looking at is

document.all.styled_text_message.value += '\n' + code + '\n';
</snip>

Are you looking for something like this?
document.getElementById("styled_text_message").value += ...

Note: the success of this solution depends on the browsers you're trying
to support.  Your original message did not indicate a preference, so I'm
using a DOM reference to the object.

HTH,
Harry