[Javascript] ADMIN: Emergency Moderation

David Merchant mountaindragon at startrek.net
Sun Apr 6 03:06:32 CDT 2003

The list is on emergency moderation, all posts must be approved, this is to
catch any other annoying bounces. Most of the bounces were because of 6
address out of over 1,000 that sent bounces back to the list. Rest assured
the number of bounced messages you got through the list was only a fraction
of what I was deluded with.

To repeat: I deleted the email addresses that Yahoo! Groups said weren't
good any more for the half of the list on Yahoo! Groups, so I thought I had
caught enough of the bad addresses to avoid a deluge of bounce messages. I
was wrong. The bounces were supposed to only go to me. Again, I was wrong:
some types end up getting to the list.

I  unsubbed the bad six addresses, but am hesitant to trust that all is
back to normal.

2 1/2 years of pent up problems happening all at once. Thanks again, Yahoo!
Groups.  I wish I could've gotten them to correct the problem earlier, but
it didn't happen.

For those that had signed up years ago to the list via eGroups or Yahoo
Groups and had your account put to no mail by a period of bounces/problems
with your email, or by yourself but have forgotten because two years have
passed, I know you'll be surprised to see emails all of a sudden. There was
no way for me to tell when addresses where disabled. Again, I was prevented
by a mistake by Yahoo Groups from administering the Yahoo Groups side of
the list (What is it about this list that others try to hijack it (whether
on purpose or by accident?)), and it took over two years of constant
attempts to get it finally corrected. If someone else had your email
address then, or subscribed you without your knowledge back then, or you've
forgotten about being subscribed and want to unsubscribe please visit
https://lists.latech.edu/mailman/listinfo/javascript
and scroll down to the bottom to unsubscribe. If you have any problems,
please email me.

Again, my apologies. I will put the list back to unmoderated as soon as
possible.

David Merchant

Director of Integrated Technology
CATALyST