[Javascript] To everyone who wants to be removed...

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:10:34 CDT 2003

At 12:35 PM 4/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I sympathize with the request made last week about "signal-to-noise" in the
>digest form of this list (which is why i changed to individual mail,
>filtered to a folder on it's way into my inbox)
>
>The incessant "Me too" messages are pretty annoying as well.

I agree with that.

I've refined the list filter, before emails that had subscribe or
unsubscribe in the subject line would get sent to me and not the list, I've
expanded that to include any emails that have "remove" or "remove me" in
the subject header. That should cut down that noise.

If anyone has a javascript scripting problem like "how do I remove an
element" or "removeChild()" and uses that in the subject header, don't
worry, those messages will get through, I'll just have to approve them so
it may mean a delay in their getting to the list, so bear that in mind when
writing your subject headers (one reason why I am conservative on
filtering...).

TTFN,
David

Director of Integrated Technology